Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Why?

We hear our kids ask "Why?" so often that many of us have gotten so good at dodging the question.  Well, as I sit here at the computer looking at scrapbook stuff, my 5 year old asked me, "Why are you always doing the scrapbook ideas for your ladies?  Why are they always asking you about scrapbook stuff?  Why do you always have to do scrapbook work?  Why do you......."  I replied with a simple, "Because I am the scrapbook teacher."  My reply was simple but my thoughts afterward were not.  I wanted a better response than that, for my own personal wonderment.

So, why do I do what I do?  I'd much rather spend my time looking for the latest technique to add to my own book, not ever making cards and getting caught up on my scrapbooking.  What I actually do is make cards to teach workshops or display to my card-making customers.  I look for great new techniques to teach to my customers and I make layouts based on workshops, not what really needs to be scrapbooked. 

My answer is actually pretty simple.  I love to teach!  I love to learn!  I love to be around friends!  I love scrapbooking!  Being a Close to My Heart consultant helps to fill those loves of mine.  I get to teach new techniques or new products to my customers.  I get to learn new things all the time.  I get to be around friends and get to make new ones.  I get to scrapbook with supplies that I earn and I get paid to scrapbook.  What better reason is there?  So what if I don't have a deep philosophical reason for doing what I do!  I like what I do and that's all that matters!!!!!!!