Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

I AM THANKFUL

This has circulated the internet for quite some time and I absolutely love how it points out our way of thinking.  Many times we gripe and complain about things but if we take just a minute to look at things a bit differently, we find that we are truly thankful for the situation.  I altered the last two.  Enjoy! 

I Am Thankful
By, Nancy H.

For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because he is home with me and not out at the bars.

For the dog barking to come in, because it means that I can hear and that I have a faithful friend.

For the cat leaving hair in my lap, because it means I have another faithful friend.

For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means that I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For the yard that needs tending, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech. 

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because I've been blessed with transportation and I have the ability to walk.

For my heating bill, because it means I'm warm.

For the pile of laundry, because it means I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.

For the mess the kids leave everywhere, because it means I've been blessed with children. 

For the kids waking me up early in the morning, because it means that I'm alive!