Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Opps!

Okay, so I goofed. I started a blog and then left it for a while. I am so new to this blog thing and I really don't know how to work it all exactly. I would like a few pictures, a link to my Close to My Heart site, etc. If you have any insight, please let me know.

That being said, I do have several great things to share about scrapbooking and Close to My Heart. First, my New Years goal that I talked about in December didn't go quite as planned. I did find another great idea that I have been working on though. I take a picture of something in my families lives everyday (or nearly every day) and then scrapbook it. It can be something crazy like the washer/dryer set that I hate (it's old and way too small for my family) or something really meaningful like the church building that my husband is building. If I miss a day, I just fill in with a picture that shows how busy our life is. You know, a picture of my sons messy bedroom or the dishes piling up in the sink. What I want most is to show my family 20 years from now what our life was like in 2009. Many times our scrapbook pages show only the great moments in our lives, but what I want mine to show this year is simply the moments of our lives.

Well, until the end of May, Close to My Heart has a great promotion going for National Scrapbook Month. You purchase $60 in MyAcrylix stamps and you get the Tickled Pink scrapbooking kit for free. You can also get the set for free by hosting a gathering with the total sales being $400 or more. It is a beautiful set and even includes glittery papers, a first for Close to My Heart.

Also for National Scrapbook Month, my friend Lisa is hosting a Crop for a Cure benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Look to the right for a link to her blog.

I will be holding a workshop on May 29th using the beautiful new Bella paper pack. Watch for more info. Talk to you all later. Audrey